Horses Are Us ©
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly equestrian forum...created in 2002 & still going strong.Everyone is welcome as long as you share our love of Horses.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Location mapLocation map  

Out of the different training methods available........

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
grumpymare
Admin
Admin
grumpymare

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Out of the different training methods available........ Empty
PostSubject: Out of the different training methods available........   Out of the different training methods available........ EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 3:26 am

......ya know the ones ( Wink )Pirelli, Join up etc.....all the marketable ones. Is there any that you think are really good? Do you do your own thing? Or, do you take bits and peices from experience and what you read and need?

Has anyone ever had a local trainer come to do some work with them? And, what did you think?

I have used some of old Monty's suggestions on Astra and they went down very well.......can see where Mr (fat as a tyre) Pirelli is coming from in some aspects......have probably taken a bit on board about methods and ideology.

I do tend to mish and mash idea's around coz at the end of the day nowt is cast in stone and you can never stop learning and what is right for one animal, might not be right for another.

The only thing that hasn't sat well with me before is the BHS and ABRS.......who seem to think that the only way is their way and written in black and white. That puts my back up straight away......

What you think?

x
Back to top Go down
nat
Admin
Admin
nat

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Out of the different training methods available........   Out of the different training methods available........ EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 6:44 am

well,,, personally i dont really go along much with all the NH people. They are clever in there marketing. I think all they are doing is getting people to spend actual time with there horses and use common sense.
If i had to go one with one trainer then without doubt it would be alois podhajsky. The complete training of horse and rider is amazing and i dont see how it could fail any horse or rider. I take a bit from here and there from a lot of people, mainly classical and circus, which in a way are at completly opposite ends of the scale in terms of the final result, but both are striving for the same movements
Back to top Go down
http://the-other1.deviantart.com/
grumpymare
Admin
Admin
grumpymare

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Out of the different training methods available........   Out of the different training methods available........ EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 6:52 am

That's the thing though innit? Marketing vs other.....

I've always found Paul Dufresne a fab bloke..........he's Canadian and got a good head on his shoulders.

think you'd like him Nat...........not a trainer as such........just a good horse bloke.

Not heard of AP.......will look him up.........

I love all this stuff
Back to top Go down
kim soltydog
kim soltydog

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Out of the different training methods available........   Out of the different training methods available........ EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 11:40 am

I have AP book, its very good and well worth the read. Bought it of e-bay Nick for a few quid, its deffo worth buying if you can get a copy.
I have also got Steve Halfpenny's natural training video's which I love, dont have any schooling facilities so I do like to spend time messing oround with them doing ground work.
Cant really comment of BHS methods not read any of the books.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out of the different training methods available........   Out of the different training methods available........ Empty

Back to top Go down

Out of the different training methods available........
Page 1 of 1