Horses Are Us ©
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly equestrian forum...created in 2002 & still going strong.Everyone is welcome as long as you share our love of Horses.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Location mapLocation map  

FAO Nat......(or anyone else)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
grumpymare
Admin
Admin
grumpymare

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-01-17

FAO Nat......(or anyone else) Empty
PostSubject: FAO Nat......(or anyone else)   FAO Nat......(or anyone else) EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 12:34 am

Just thought you'd be the best person to ask. Mares in season etc.

I always thought that mares come into season only for part of the year, and not in winter. It's hard to tell with Astra coz she's never been a marey mare and it doesn't effect her at all.

Now this other horse that I look after seems to be in season all year round every month.....she pees and squirts, get's bolshy and it seems totally non-stop, kind of like she's ALWAYS in season.

What's the norm time frames for mares? I've never had much to do with mares so it's all a bit of a grey area for me.

x
Back to top Go down
grumpymare
Admin
Admin
grumpymare

PostSubject: Re: FAO Nat......(or anyone else)   FAO Nat......(or anyone else) EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 12:39 am

PS....another thing she does a lot (and this is going to sound revolting) is she'll turn her backside on me, lift her tail and flap her bits in and out at me Shocked ....and the dribbling - give me strength!

I hate it.....makes me want to puke and throw a bucket of water of at it LOL

x
Back to top Go down
nat
Admin
Admin
nat

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: FAO Nat......(or anyone else)   FAO Nat......(or anyone else) EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 4:20 am

hi nik

now whos laughing at who, FAO Nat......(or anyone else) 82229 , the image of that mare is hilarious!

Mares USALLY come in season spring till late autumn, but we had a mare squriting and showing in full season in dec/jan. But its a bit different here as they are around the stallions all the time, which does bring them in season (bloody slappers!)

If the mare is bad you can give her a supplement like moody mare or estroban and i have heard that they do work, or speak to a vet.
Back to top Go down
http://the-other1.deviantart.com/
grumpymare
Admin
Admin
grumpymare

PostSubject: Re: FAO Nat......(or anyone else)   FAO Nat......(or anyone else) EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 5:17 am

Oh shutup.......you got me back lol!

Now, that is what I thought.........it shouldn't be ALL the time.

There arn't any stallions round here and unless she is a lesbian and has taken a shine to me it must be hormonal........

Unfortunately, it's not up to me to call the vet in or buy supplements and her owner sure as hell wouldn't.........she puts EVERYTHING down to her being in season.........

Just another problem the poor horse has that her owner won't do anything about.

Thanks for that.......gives me a bit of ammo when I next have words with her about her "angel" horse that she never sees.

x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAO Nat......(or anyone else)   FAO Nat......(or anyone else) Empty

Back to top Go down

FAO Nat......(or anyone else)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Horses Are Us © :: Welcome :: FAO........-
Jump to: