Horses Are Us ©
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly equestrian forum...created in 2002 & still going strong.Everyone is welcome as long as you share our love of Horses.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Location mapLocation map  

Astra and the farm lease.........

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
grumpymare
Admin
Admin
grumpymare

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Astra and the farm lease......... Empty
PostSubject: Astra and the farm lease.........   Astra and the farm lease......... EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 5:01 am

It's doing my head in! Evidently, the farm is being sold to developers, to build a massive housing estate........but, that's not 100% confirmed.

I've not been given a formal letter to tell me I've got to clear off......so am digging my heels in......coz even if it is being sold to developers, it's going to be years and years before they get planning permission coz it's green belt and our local MP has just "successfully" petitioned against building on green belt in our area.....

Don - bless him - is on a mission......between us we've found out the individuals who actually "own" the land......maybe some direct contact for a couple of acres of grazing would acceptable to them........?

Gawd.....this is all a pain in the rear........would be easier if Astra could be stabled but, I need a field and shelter.......if I can find a field, I would be willing to buy a shelter myself and do fencing and stuff...........

Wish I wasn't going on holiday when all this is going to kick off...........that is the thing that is on my mind............

I don't know whether to sit it out........or just put the feelers out and find somewhere else......took me 3 months just to find this place!

Bugger!!!!!!

x
Back to top Go down
kim soltydog
kim soltydog

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Astra and the farm lease.........   Astra and the farm lease......... EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 10:30 am

I would sit tight mate, it could just be gossip. Developers would not be interested in buying green belt without some sort of outline PP being in place. Contact your local planning office they may be able to shed some light on things or eliviate your fears.

You can always put feelers out to find somewhere else just in case.
Back to top Go down
lightening
Novice
Novice

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: sit tight   Astra and the farm lease......... EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 1:38 pm

try relax grumpy astra these things take a long time and with green belt probbably wont get permission the next livery yard to us sold out to developers and now they cant get permission to build etc so there now sat with a empty farm livery yard as thats all green belt and check with your local council see if theres a covant on the land if there is there stuffed try relax enjoy astra etc dont get too stressed derek lynn lady kits dogs bunny here in uk
Back to top Go down
grumpymare
Admin
Admin
grumpymare

PostSubject: Re: Astra and the farm lease.........   Astra and the farm lease......... EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 12:04 am

Well, the plot thickens! Another story told me yesterday is that the farm isn't being sold. The actual reason they are not telling Dennis anything and re-newing his lease is because he's let it get into a state of dis-repair and has fly-tipped all his rubbish in the fields.

It's a strange set up.......The farm is made up of dog boarding kennels, and the stables and grazing land. Dennis (who I rent my bit from), has his own stables at the back of his house next door to the farm. He hasn't got any grazing so he leases the grazing and anyone who is stabled at his house, walks their horses over etc. I'm actually based on the farm........

He doesn't repair anything, the fences are mostly fixed and patched by a few of us who use the fields......the stables and storage are literally collapsing and last year, he got caught by the owner tipping a whole lorry full of junk and rubbish into one of the back fields it looked dreadful! What a cheek is that - it was all the rubbish from his garage and outbuilding and he dumped it on someone's elses property in effect!

I think they are going to squeeze him out which will leave him stuffed with a bunch of stables and no grazing, which means people will leave over his side and he'll lose a lot of income.

I've decided to sit tight - as if this is the case - am sure I can do a deal with the owners and pay them rather than Dennis.

He, himself can't actually chuck me off coz it's not his stable or land that I rent......and, unless I'm told to leave by the "real" owner (which would be a bit stupid as I'm prepared to tart the place up and spend a bit of money).....I think I'd be OK to just stay.

If that is the case (an I hope it is).....the first thing I'm going to do is pull down Astra's stable and buy a brand, spanking new one!

Watch this space LOL

x
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
Admin
Admin
Lorraine

Number of posts : 122

PostSubject: Re: Astra and the farm lease.........   Astra and the farm lease......... EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 2:34 am

Sounds like you might be able to get your paws on the place after all Nik ... bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.tanglesrosettes.co.uk/3.html
grumpymare
Admin
Admin
grumpymare

PostSubject: Re: Astra and the farm lease.........   Astra and the farm lease......... EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 2:50 am

You never know mate......stranger things have happened.

Not counting me chickens just yet.......just staying put and keeping me eyes and ears open

x
Back to top Go down
Emma_B

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Astra and the farm lease.........   Astra and the farm lease......... EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 4:46 am

good luck, sounds like a total nightmare

Emma, x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Astra and the farm lease.........   Astra and the farm lease......... Empty

Back to top Go down

Astra and the farm lease.........
Page 1 of 1