Horses Are Us ©
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly equestrian forum...created in 2002 & still going strong.Everyone is welcome as long as you share our love of Horses.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Location mapLocation map  

Good morning Monday.......

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
grumpymare
Admin
Admin
grumpymare

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Good morning Monday....... Empty
PostSubject: Good morning Monday.......   Good morning Monday....... EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 1:31 am

Good morning kids

Hope you had a lovely weekend.....what did you get up to?

Batten down the hatches......crikey, it's windy and rainy this morning. Not looking forward to going down the farm or taking the dogs out Shocked

x
Back to top Go down
Jax_n_Katy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Good morning Monday.......   Good morning Monday....... EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 3:44 am

Morning hunny.

Well, where should I start. lol!

Yesterday, Jo and I went on another of the Anglian Distance Riders pleasure rides. It was a 10, 15 and 20 mile ride around Harling Forest near Diss, Norfolk.

We were running a little late, so between us we got everything loaded into the car, got the horses loaded and off we went.

When we arrived at the venue we were ready for a cuppa. Out came the pots of sugar, coffee, tea etc and one of the two flasks of hot water that I had prepared in the morning. It was then that we discovered we hadn't bought a teaspoon. How bloody silly of us. Embarassed

I'm afraid the cock-ups didn't stop there.

After improvising with the drinks we set about getting the horses out and tacked up. After I had put the saddle onto Katy I realised that I didn't have my stirrups. I don't keep them on my saddle because I have neoprene covers on them so can't 'run' them up. I was sooooo annoyed Evil or Very Mad .
I couldn't believe that we had forgotten them. I didn't load the saddles etc, Jo did, so I hadn't even thought about it.

I didn't relish the thought of doing a 10 mile ride with no stirrups so we headed off to the Secretary's Caravan to see if somebody had any spare ones that I could borrow. Luckily there was a young lady who had already completed the ride and she was kind enough to lend me her stirrups. We exchanged numbers and she gave me her address so that we could return the stirrups on our way home.

We set off at about 12.05 and thouroughly enjoyed ourselves. Katy did really well Good morning Monday....... 529609 . We got back at about 2pm. The weather was great for the ride but the heavens opened just after we got back and untacked, we got soaked. Sad

They say these things come in 3's. I noticed the third little mistake of the day when I rearranged the electrics cable from the trailer to the car. We hadn't attached the emergency brake cable to the car. Rolling Eyes

So, apart from having a nice ride (in the end) the day wasn't one of our best. Good morning Monday....... 82229

Jax
Back to top Go down
grumpymare
Admin
Admin
grumpymare

Number of posts : 310

PostSubject: Re: Good morning Monday.......   Good morning Monday....... EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 4:29 am

Am giggling like a drain.....can just imagine you getting out your best china tea set, doilies, milk jug and table-cloth......and forgetting a spoon.......how un-civilised lol!

Oh gawd.....fancy forgetting your stirrups. Saying that, I don't keep them on me saddle either coz they crack (synthetic rubbish)........and have gone out before, stirrup-less, coz couldn't be bothered to go back home......not for that length of distance though - one day I'll invest in some posh leather ones for me posh saddle.

Glad someone sorted you out..........horsey people can be so nice (sometimes LOL)

Can't even remember the last time I rode for over 2 hours - are your legs aching?

Well done Katy apple

Hope you didn't do much of Good morning Monday....... 417306 this for Mum

AND......NAUGHTY, NAUGHTY.........no brake lights.........you obviously need a frontal labotomy

Glad you had a good day mate (am ever so slightly jealous)..........despite the rain at the end..........

xx
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
Admin
Admin
Lorraine

Number of posts : 122

PostSubject: Re: Good morning Monday.......   Good morning Monday....... EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 5:28 am

Good morning Monday....... 82229 I can imagine the butler with a silver tray serving high tea, whilst you look for your stirrups lol.

You were very lucky with the weather ( & not having to do any heavy braking lol)
Any pics..?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tanglesrosettes.co.uk/3.html
Jax_n_Katy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Good morning Monday.......   Good morning Monday....... EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 3:31 am

Girls Girls Girls, tut tut. As if I would be soooooo silly. lol

It was the emergency brake cable, the one you attach that will apply the brakes if the trailer becomes unhitched, not the electrics cable.

Derrrrrrrrrrr

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good morning Monday.......   Good morning Monday....... Empty

Back to top Go down

Good morning Monday.......
Page 1 of 1