Horses Are Us ©
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly equestrian forum...created in 2002 & still going strong.Everyone is welcome as long as you share our love of Horses.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Location mapLocation map  

Well....the rug is off - for this year anyway.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
grumpymare
Admin
Admin
grumpymare

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Well....the rug is off - for this year anyway. Empty
PostSubject: Well....the rug is off - for this year anyway.   Well....the rug is off - for this year anyway. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 6:16 am

Went down there this morning and her whole rug was bunched up round her neck - what a sorry sight she looked. The fillet string ring had broken off and I havn't got time to fix it now. I could put her other rug on but, it's a heavy-weight and she's so hairy she would sweat up like anything.

Am turning her out into the big field while I'm on holiday and the grazing is very lush so that should keep her warm enough. In a way, she's probably better without a rug going on to grazing like that coz she would pork out if she wasn't using calories to keep warm.

Now, what's the betting that the temprature will plummet, it will snow, we'll have gales and torretial rain etc..........and I'll be feeling awful guilty and worried Rolling Eyes I don't normally take it off till April-ish time.

Her coat is SO thick though - even under the rug - she'll be OK won't she? Am after reassurance now LOL

I gave her a good brush off and she's not shedding too much yet so looks like winter is still around...........she looked so white and "naked" in the paddock when I left. You get used to seeing them covered up - she looked like a unicorn (apart from her legs).

The old bitch was a bit cantankerous today while I was grooming her........had a bit of squealing and leg lifting going on.........think she was letting me know that she didn't want it back on and was enjoying the freedom of the air on her body - she's such a drama queen - anyone would think I was trying to kill her if they heard her. The face pulling and eye rolling was so "Astra"......makes me laugh. Mind you though, she did get a thump at one point coz she went to nip and she's never been a biter. Deffo not going down that road........she knew she did wrong.

Sorted and fixed all the fencing, scrubbed the bath and filled it......fixed the gate which was hanging off and managed to find some more hose to the field so Tracy doesn't have to cart buckets down there each day.

Am knackered now.....time for a cuppa

x
Back to top Go down
nat
Admin
Admin
nat

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Well....the rug is off - for this year anyway.   Well....the rug is off - for this year anyway. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 7:05 am

lol, it is supposed to snow etc this weeked, but as long as she has shelter and a hairy coat she will be fine Smile
Back to top Go down
http://the-other1.deviantart.com/
grumpymare
Admin
Admin
grumpymare

PostSubject: Re: Well....the rug is off - for this year anyway.   Well....the rug is off - for this year anyway. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 7:08 am

No way Nat.........is it really.......??????

Well, bugger, bugger, bugger

There isn't a field shelter....just trees

Oh shit

x
Back to top Go down
grumpymare
Admin
Admin
grumpymare

PostSubject: Re: Well....the rug is off - for this year anyway.   Well....the rug is off - for this year anyway. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 9:08 am

It's bloody raining...........

I give up.........next time round am having a goldfish

x
Back to top Go down
nat
Admin
Admin
nat

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Well....the rug is off - for this year anyway.   Well....the rug is off - for this year anyway. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 11:29 am

she will be fine,,, dont worry
Back to top Go down
http://the-other1.deviantart.com/
grumpymare
Admin
Admin
grumpymare

PostSubject: Re: Well....the rug is off - for this year anyway.   Well....the rug is off - for this year anyway. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 5:44 am

She's alive! lol!

Very, very mucky though......... affraid

Turned them both out into the big field this morning......well, never seen anything like it.......talk about kick the heels up......it all went a bit mental for 5 mins until they realised they had grass to eat. Never seen Astra buck so hard, high and for so long!

She looks a right minger ......straight off the gypsy farm kind of look LOL

Took a couple of pics on me phone......will get them off in a mo

x
Back to top Go down
grumpymare
Admin
Admin
grumpymare

PostSubject: Re: Well....the rug is off - for this year anyway.   Well....the rug is off - for this year anyway. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 5:49 am

Icky old cow! She was snow white yesterday!

Well....the rug is off - for this year anyway. 21-03-10

Well....the rug is off - for this year anyway. 21-03-11

x
Back to top Go down
grumpymare
Admin
Admin
grumpymare

PostSubject: Re: Well....the rug is off - for this year anyway.   Well....the rug is off - for this year anyway. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 5:51 am

PS.....excuse all the poop everywhere........this was before turnout and before I'd mucked out Embarassed

x
Back to top Go down
grumpymare
Admin
Admin
grumpymare

PostSubject: Re: Well....the rug is off - for this year anyway.   Well....the rug is off - for this year anyway. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 5:54 am

PPS - I think she's starting to look her age in these pics...still not bad for 23......maybe it's just coz she looks so hairy and donkey like........am sure her tummy has dropped a couple of inches.......I know the feeling LOL

x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well....the rug is off - for this year anyway.   Well....the rug is off - for this year anyway. Empty

Back to top Go down

Well....the rug is off - for this year anyway.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Horses Are Us © :: Stable Talk :: General Horse Chat-
Jump to: